For moms in Savannah and the Coastal Empire

Recent comments

• Rattled: Coming to peace with meditation in the presence of a screaming toddler   5 years 6 weeks ago

Kids sure can get into our heads. Sometimes I can't even complete a thought for all the chatter and demands and emergencies. At least we can laugh about it, and it makes for some funny stories!

• Skip the Bath!   5 years 6 weeks ago

Good ideas for dog bathing. And I love the photo... so cute!

• What Would Your Child Do?   5 years 6 weeks ago

So it is with so many things we try to teach our kids. We repeat and repeat and hope that it really sinks in. Thanks for the reminder to emphasize safety!

• Multi-Family Yard Sale   5 years 7 weeks ago

Great! When and where will the yard sale be?

• Junior League Thrift Sale   5 years 7 weeks ago

I am having a yard sale before this just so I have room for all the great items at this sale.  Cannot wait for the 1st weekend of October!

• Avon   5 years 7 weeks ago

I had lost all motivation until I found your website. I love the information here and will be bookmarking it to come back again. I am also going to let my friends know about your site. :)

prime academy pune | Prime Academy Pune | Prime Academy Pune | Prime Academy Pune | Prime Academy Pune

• Baby Carriers - Testers Needed   5 years 8 weeks ago

Test Tube Baby The first IVF baby was Louise Brown, born at 11:47 p.m. on July 25, 1978 at Oldham General Hospital, Oldham, England through a planned caesarean section. She weighed 5 pounds, 12 ounces (2.608 kg) at birth. Dr. Patrick Steptoe, a gynecologist at Oldham General Hospital, and Dr. Robert Edwards, a physiologist at Cambridge University, had been actively working on finding an alternative solution for conception since 1966.

• Karing 4 Kidz!   5 years 11 weeks ago

thanks for reaching out to me! I'd love to chat more and can be reached at nataliecasey88@gmail.com

• Karing 4 Kidz!   5 years 11 weeks ago

I would love to speak with you more regarding your services. I need a babysitter for my 6 month old occasionally if my husband can't get home from work in time.

Thanks!!

• Practically Free Books!   5 years 12 weeks ago

By now I rarely have a book request, most people have already snapped up the good books I had and I just have things left that no one likes but that doesn't stop me. I just buy the book credits and it still is cheaper than Amazon at 3.50 a credit. I've purchased $40 Norton Anthologies for $3! I agree the wishlist is really great.

• My sister's death - and courage - a lesson in life's legacy and what's to come   5 years 12 weeks ago

She was amazing. I just really hate that this happened to her because she wanted to do so much good in the world and I have no doubt that she would have. If you have a chance to read "Diary of Dion" - you should. The book would be great for women's church groups too.

• My sister's death - and courage - a lesson in life's legacy and what's to come   5 years 13 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing about your sister and her legacy of love. She sounds like an amazing and inspiring woman.

• Family Relationships: Household chores should be a shared responsibility   5 years 14 weeks ago

Oh, I definitely agree with you on this! My father never did help my mother with her time spending doing household chores, and I always wanted a husband who would help me in the future with that. At the moment, we're doing just fine, I'm curious what will happen after they second baby comes. It always brings a change right?

• FAMILY EVENTS: Fun with electricity, family art lab, sports cards/collectibles show & more   5 years 14 weeks ago

Well, I would recommend overstockArt.com. You can find there the art that you found missing a while ago. At least, I did. I kinda found my happiness with this site. And I can also share it with my kids, this way, they can learn something new everyday. For us, this is our family event.

• Don't let fake Census workers con you!   5 years 14 weeks ago

Just opening the door gives anyone a chance to knock you down or threaten you with a gun. The best you can do is put a chain on your door and install an alarm systems with a panic button that's close to your front door. I have one with two buttons - one on the second floor just in case I can't get to the front door. There are tons of options, you can see some of them here. Some of my friend think a gun is the best protection. I have kids so I can't really use that unless I lock it up which makes it too difficult to get to in an emergency.

• Fifty Shades of Grey   5 years 14 weeks ago

I heard about it through some co-workers.  Sounds interesting I have just started reading it.

• Yes or No to an Epidural?   5 years 15 weeks ago

I'm not sure I'd say the baby is "drugged," but there are definitely things to consider before choosing an epidural for pain relief (there are other options available, too.). While epidural use is popular, it is not without risk including possible respiratory complications for baby, possible decreased blood flow to baby, increased heart rate variability, potential for difficulty latching on for breastfeeding, and increased need for use of forceps, vacuum extraction, and cesarean.

Risks to the mother include increased chance of needing Pitocin to move labor along, episiotomy (which typically takes longer to heal than natural tearing), and cesarean; risk of continued numbness after delivery; possible chills, soreness, ringing in the ears; and a slim chance of permanent nerve damage at the insertion site.

Other issues to consider with an epidural include that you: have limited mobility during labor, will need constant monitoring, and may unnecessarily experience prolonged or stalled labor requiring further interventions.

Epidurals can be beneficial when needed, but I would advise every pregnant woman to explore all the options, both pros and cons, to find what's right for their situation.

• Please R.S.V.P.!   5 years 15 weeks ago

I've always been skeptical about having my daughter a birthday party and inviting friends. Her birthday is this summer too. I'm afraid that no one will come. I think I'm just gonna emailed two or three moms and ask them when's a good time to have their girls over. I don't want my baby to be disappointed!

• Adoption and Infertility Stories?   5 years 15 weeks ago

Hi! Welcome to the area!  We have lived her for about 5 years now.  We also did Foster care before we moved here when we lived in Arkansas.  We checked into doing Foster care here, but decided that we weren't ready for the stress of it quite yet.  We adopted our son through Foster care.  He was 11 months old when we got him and a month later his parental rights were terminated and we started teh adoption process.  We have been seeing a RE for the past year, but no luck getting pregnant yet.  I don't have any experience with pregnancy through sperm donor, but I would love to talk to you about our shared fertility struggles.  I would like to know more about your private adoption experience.  We've talked about the possibility of adopting again if we aren't able to get pregnant.

I look forward to talking to you soon!

• Yes or No to an Epidural?   5 years 15 weeks ago

I read a story about a model who had a baby and said she didn't want an epidural because she didn't want her baby to be drugged.

• Yes or No to an Epidural?   5 years 15 weeks ago

I think that getting an epidural is up to the mother when giving birth naturally. I had C-Sections so there was not much choice. But I did receive other medication because I had such long labor and I wanted to be able to sleep through the night to be prepared for the day to come.

• Let's get this going!   5 years 15 weeks ago

Can you email me dIrectly at nataliecasey88@gmail.com, it's not letting me reply

To you with the contact form!

Thx

• Cloth Diapering--anyone interested?   5 years 15 weeks ago

Also, I live in Richmond Hill!

• Cloth Diapering--anyone interested?   5 years 15 weeks ago

Please send me yourcontact info

nataliecasey88@gmail.com

I was thinking about beginning of August!

• Let's get this going!   5 years 15 weeks ago
    hi

I would like to come to you class in your home to meet other moms also.